And two old scholarly papers! Here is what I am reading to begin the new year:
- Biography/Chess: Tim Crothers, The Queen of Katwe (2013).
- Biography/Religion: Fiona MacMath, editor, The Faith of Samuel Johnson (1990).
- Comics: Corban Wilkin, Ernest Hemingway’s Old Man and the Sea (2011).
- Ethics: Edward J. Gracely, On the Noncomparability of Judgments Made by Different Ethical Theories, Metaphilosophy, Vol. 27, no. 3 (1996), pp. 327-332.
- History: Robert W. Coakley, The Role of Federal Military Forces in Domestic Disorders, 1789-1878 (1988).
- Law: John Leubsdorf, The Surprising History of the Preponderance Standard of Civil Proof, Florida Law Review, Vol. 67, no. 5 (2015), pp. 1569-1619.