Let me be clear, I am on the side of the Native Americans (see here, for example), but that said, let me recount the five things I am most thankful for:
1. I am grateful for my mother and father–Oilda Antonia & Francisco Florentino–who taught me that love has no limits and who made so many great sacrifices so that I would receive a decent education. May we one day return to a free and prosperous Cuba!
2. I am grateful for being blessed with four extraordinary children–Adela, Aritiza, Adys, and Kleber–who are all healthy, smart, and full of potential. May we one day all be reunited in our beloved Puerto Rico!
3. I am grateful for my wife Sydjia, for her love and loyalty. May we one day renew our vows in my adopted home of Jamaica!
4. I am grateful for La Catolica in Ponce, PR and UCF in Orlando, FL, for providing me the opportunity to teach. May you one day grant me tenure!
5. Last but not least, as a scholar of constitutional law, I am thankful for our enduring Constitution. May she last another 130 years!